Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

Miss Dash-skirt ;)

Well my yarn sub just didn't work out - the Miss Dashwood was absolutely massive!! I swear the hat would have fit me and that would not be a good look ;)

So what could I do but modify the pattern and make a Miss Dashwood skirt!!! I honestly love it and it fits Gracie so well :) Couldn't have picked a better skirt pattern if I tried. Funny how things work out like that sometimes :) Sorry about the shadowy action shots


Ok Edited to Add - I have had a heap of requests for the modifications (in italics and bold) so here goes!! OK here is the original fantastic pattern from Knitty (it was totally my fault it didn't turn out as a hat!!)

Yarn:
Jo Sharp Desert Garden Aran in Dandelion
18 sts x 24 rows over 10cm (4")
Used 4mm needles as per Knitty pattern using the largest size

Do everything up to the Crown section then do this:

Crown

Next Round: *K11[14, 15, 16, 17], k2tog, place marker, rep from * around.
You should now have 5 markers on the needle, with 12[15, 16, 17, 18] sts between each.

Round 1: K all sts.
Round 2: [K to 2 sts before marker, k2tog, slip marker] around.
Repeat Rounds 1 and 2 a total of 5 times (if you count the stitches there should be 10 in total - you can increase this or decrease this depending on how wide your bub is :) ).
K 14 rounds keeping the stitchmarkers in place (you can increase this if you want a longer skirt).

[K to 2 sts before marker, k2tog, slip marker] around.
K 6 rounds
P 1 round
K 4 rounds
Cast Off
Flip waistband over from the purl seam and sew up to make enclosed waistband. Slip some cord elastic in before the final seaming and voila you have a funky skirt!! Btw my girl in the pics above is a chunky 16 month old.


If something doesn't look quite right in the mod just let me know as I have written this before having a cup of tea for the day!lol :)

3 comments:

At 10:00 AM Anonymous said...

i love this skirt,both the colour and the style!:)
how clever are you!

 
At 2:03 AM Anonymous said...

I love your skirt. I'm going to try this for a granddaughter!!!
Barbara

 
At 4:04 PM Unknown said...

I also followed the pattern & my gauge was right on, so I don't know what happened, but mine was big enough to fit me. As I was looking on Ravelry to see if anyone else had the same problem, I saw you did & was excited that you had come up with a very clever use of the oversized hat & made it into a fun skirt! Thanks for sharing your mods! I really don't like to unravel anything! So my granddaughter will get a surprise skirt! I'm knittypurl28 on Ravelry.

 

Post a Comment