I am being seriously spoilt with the yummy yarns I am getting from the Pick Up Sticks Sock Club. I am just so happy I signed up for this one! :)
The August fix was the SPECTACULAR new Handmaiden Sock Yarn Cashbar. I love this :) The pic does not do it justice. I have already started the pattern that came with the yarn - god bless the designer who did a size 9/10 pattern ;) I am so in love with this yarn that I managed to grab another lot of it from Pick Up Sticks - gotta love the exchange rate at the mo!! :)
I just received the September fix and it is lovely! A stunning earthy/firey colourway from Fleece Artist - this is the first time I have patted this yarn and it is beautiful! The pattern is stunning too :) Another one for my queue :)
Speaking of queues I am now on Ravelry - username: Becboo - drop me a line!
I am such a naughty one. After posting on Woolaholics about only entering swaps if you are going to send them near to the due date guess what?? I still haven't sent my Small Things Swap! (sneaky peak below) :( I have contacted my gorgeous swapee and she is just gorgeous about it so it should be in the mail soon! :) Come on, tell me off all you Woolaholics ;)
Great news about my house!!!! The offer has been accepted so we are in the usual 'building inspection/contract etc etc' process. Settlement is scheduled for 17th October. I have already designated two rooms for my stash - one business and one personal lol! :)
6 comments:
- At 6:48 PM Tangled Yarns said...
-
Yum! loving the sock club yarns :D I'm trying my hardest not to join any more though there is one in particular coming up soon that I'm hanging out for ;)
Love the colour of your swap, think I might know what they are :D ;) - At 6:49 PM lucretia said...
-
These photos have me drooling lol Gorgeous!
How exciting about your house! Good luck with your inspections/contracts, I hope everything goes perfectly! :-) - At 6:49 PM Tangled Yarns said...
-
oh - forgot to say CONGRATS about the house!! (lol - soooo easily distracted by pretty yarn LOL)
- At 1:19 PM Ann said...
-
Congrats on your new house. I love the Pick Up Sticks sock club yarn as they are all so gorgeous & the Handmaiden is the best so far!
- At 8:18 PM Anonymous said...
-
oh you naughty swapper! LOL :P
whatever it is its looking nice!
I just came on here to see what was happening with your house- Congratulations Bec!! - At 8:34 PM Bec said...
-
Ta everyone :) I am just so super exciting and keen to get moving into the house :) Anne - the Pick Up Sticks Sock Club is just great isn't it - fantastic selection and I love every single pattern so far. The Handmaiden yarn is just superb and I received my 'pumpkin' colourway too yesterday :)

