I haven't really been keeping up with pics - not enough hours in the day so here is a little fix of what has been arriving here over the past months (we are talking before Xmas for some of them!)......
This amazing surprise package arrived from the gorgeous Elissa from The Yarn Cafe. It also came with a couple of bars of yummy organic chocolate and some organic choc coated coffee beans but they were gone in a flash ;) Her new site is incredible and the WOOLorganic yarn is amazingly soft. I think I will have to have a dyeing session and make Gracie (or myself!) something - one of those yarns that you know will be perfect for bub's skin. Did I say...I love Elissa's concept of combining the best things in life- organic produce, coffee, tea, chocolate and yarn....bliss.....
Next up is a fantastic bottle holder made from recycled plastic bags. This is from a swap a long time ago and I have been remiss in not taking a pic of it. This is my most used knitted/crocheted item! So super handy and also came with beautiful crocheted Xmas napkin rings (that is how long is has been *roll eyes*!) which have been packed away to come out next year. A huge thank you Shona - we love it all.
Onto the Dyelicious YarnCollective Sock Club instalment - just stunning as per usual and will be a perfect match to some of the lace sock patterns I have on my never-ending Ravelry queue ;) Kelly is a master of the dye pot and the colours just blend so beautifully. It is always so hard to decide whether to knit or keep to pat with her yarns as they are so beautiful to look at. I couldn't resist getting the KnitPicks Harmony DPN set as well. I haven't knit with them yet and it will be interesting as I am usually a metal girl but who could resist those colours!! As always the service is just incredible Kel - ta so much!!!
Well Gracie is turning three is two weeks time (OMG!) so I am going to knit her up a Swing Jacket and Mittens as part of her pressie. Is this selfish? Am I like the friend who buys you a CD because she really wants to borrow it? Oh well ;) Well here is the yarn selection....mmmmmmmMalabrigo. Super lush, super bright and amazing service from Yarn and Kisses :) Highly recommended.

SPOILER ALERT..........
And here are the STR club instalments for May and July (just received the July today - god love PO's being open on Sat morning!). I understand the hype. Seeing the colourways in the flesh you can't help but be mesmerised. I am not usually a pastel-y girl but I am a fan of the July instalments. The dilema is....which pattern to choose out of the two?!?! My eye is drawn to Gumdrops (and god bless the designer for making a Large option) so that might be reaching my needles.



Things have also been so busy over at YarnCollective with some new fantastic stores opening up. I get such a rush out of seeing what is listed and the effort and talent shining through from our indie dyers/designers/knitters. Love, love, love it!
1 comments:
- At 11:31 AM Ann said...
-
My goodness, that'a a lot of goodies & they all look so yummy (especially the yarn). You will love those Harmony dpns as they are great. I would not knit with any other dpns.


