Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

I was lucky enough to grab one of Kirrily's custom bag slots. I had seen a gorgeous Amy Butler fabric in a local shop which I knew would look fantastic! The sewing is utterly impeccable (the bottom of the bag isn't wonky as per second pic - it is just the way I took the shot!). I am blown away by it tbh and it is a perfect knitting bag with just the right amount of compartments. This is the magic she created.....




I also promised you pics of the gorgeous A Line Dress I picked up at the Waldorf Open Day from Tin Whistle. It is fully reversible and oh so springy! I love the double row of snaps - great design :)



And finally I have been inspired to get a veg patch up and running again :) I loved the one we had in the old house (actually shed a tear that I had to leave it after the hard work iykwim) but can't WAIT to get my own cracking here! Fully organic to boot.

Here are some before pics.

As you can see it is in a little secluded side bit of my garden (which recieves plenty of sunshine) but is visible from my loungeroom so should be a good reminder to get off my bum and weed ;) Plus I get a kick out of seeing lines of veggies doing their magic and growing.

My first task is to 'grow' the soil. So next weekend I will be transplanting the bulbs to other areas in the garden and digging the soil through with some organic compost, blood and bone and straw.

My plan is to plan a row of marigolds at the front to help curb pests (and provide something colourful to look at through the window). I would also like to plant a row of corn at the very back against the wall and use these as 'stakes' for the beans to trail up as opposed to the plastic or wooden stakes. Apparently this works ;)

I have just signed up for the Diggers Club so I will hopefully get a mix of organic seeds and then I will source some organic seedlings in Perth (if anyone knows any places please shout out!) so that there is a good rotation/timing thing going on.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

At 12:07 PM Anonymous said...

I thought that was a new bag at knitting on Saturday, just forgot to say something about it! Lovely :)

 

Post a Comment