Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

Budget time!

Ok I have just had a sit down and tbh we spend WAY too much on food (about $200-250 a week). I mean how much can two adults (granted big adults - hey hold on.....EPIPHANY.....that may be part of the problemo ;) ), one gorgeous toddler and two working dogs eat in a week!! I blame it on the amount of takeaways we have (yup I would not be up for the Domestic Goddess Award anytime soon).

So anyway my plan is to have a couple of hurdles to jump so to speak - first one is to get the food shop down to $150. I have just put a progress bar on the side menu which will *hopefully* help me realise exactly what I am spending.

ETA - OK I scrapped the progress bar idea ;) Too tricky but last week I managed to spend $100! So I am a happy chappy :) I think the breadmaker made a big dint in the budget as we eat so much bread here! :)

Wish me luck!!!

Bec.

4 comments:

At 10:10 AM Sam said...

good luck! we spend way too much money on food too. I'm actually too scared to sit down and work it out!

 
At 1:36 PM Tracy said...

Good luck :) You can do it think of all the extra money for yarn :)

 
At 7:43 PM Jack said...

You can do it Bec. Do a weekly shop to recipes that you have already selected and avoid the supermarket at other times. Cut the takeaway to once a week at most (or not at all) and look into co-oping with others for things like vegies and meat.

 
At 3:10 PM Anonymous said...

I followed you from the WW forums--I have a hard time with food too! I buy a month's worth of meat at a time and then just buy veggies and fruits and bread once a week. It helps to stay out of the grocery store and also plan what you are going to cook so you don't randomly buy stuff (which is what I always do!). PS how about delivery?

 

Post a Comment