I had my first dyeing session at my parents place yesterday morning and I tell you it was funny!
Picture this - me precariously balanced over two portable dual burners in my dads garage surrounded by cars heaving buckets of water, my kettle and all sorts back and forward between the sink and garage in 'near flood' conditions. Now that is keen ;)
Although honestly it felt so good to be dyeing again and somehow squatting over a couple of flames, stirring my cauldron of wool (;)), hearing the rain on the roof and smelling that 'rain' smell was liberating :)
Anyway back to the wool....
This is 'Flame' - 4BF super-yum Merino dyed in rich fire-engine red, vivid orange and flame yellow.
Soon to be a pair of embellished unisex longies :) Look out for them on K2tog. As per usual my mailing list (on my blog menu) will be the first to know ;)
2 comments:
- At 7:32 AM Sam said...
-
how exciting Bec! Congrat's on the new collaboration :D
- At 9:00 AM Anonymous said...
-
Talk about dedication!
the results are fabulous- I love the new yarns you have coming up- yummo!

