Hi - yes tis moi Ms BlogAbsent ;)
Now that I am fighting fit again, and after all the Christmas/NY fun and games, I can resurface!! :) I won't bore you with the details of the multitude of illness's we have had but suffice to say we are on the other side now and I am sooooo glad that 2008 is here :) It is going to be a wild year :)
Ok on the knitting front - one of my fav sock books of all time is called, funnily enough, Favourite Socks ;) I have set myself a little challenge, due to the masses of sock yarn that I have mysteriously accumulated, to make my way through this book. I am hoping this will stretch my knitting comfort zone by attempted patterns I would usually go NO WAY! I have also teamed this challenge with joining the Sock A Month KAL 5.
So far so good...the minute I flicked through the book I literally fell in love with the Embossed Leaves Sock pattern. Just sublime. They are also on my projects on ravelry so let me know what you think!!
Ok this is the yarn.... 
And this is the WIP....

I knew this was one sock I just had to do :) The perfect selection for a very special friend who I promised a pair of Chrissy socks too :) The colourway is Deep Forest on merino/cashmere blend hand-dyed by moi.
I will hopefully have the pair to show you in the next post and getting ready to cast on another Favourite Sock ;) If you have any recommendations for the next pair of socks I should knit from the book let me know! I am your guinea pig ;)
8 comments:
- At 4:01 PM Peta said...
-
Bec that is just gorgeous!! What a lucky friend you have.
- At 4:01 PM Sam said...
-
wow Bec, that is stunning! Perfect choice in colour too - just perfect!
- At 4:26 PM Fi said...
-
Really lovely Bec. What a stunning colour combo and a beautiful project too!!!
- At 7:30 PM Rachael said...
-
Good to have you back!! Oh I adore the colours too! Gorgeous.
- At 10:11 AM Susannah said...
-
They are just gorgeous Bec. It's perfect colourway for those socks. I have to say I'm jealous about your sock blockers too. I really must find some of those!
- At 10:48 AM Bec said...
-
Ta everyone! :) Just hope the socks fit!
Susannah - I was after sock blockers for soooo long too. I now have a small and medium pair of Fibretrends Sock Blockers from The Knittery (just instock woohoo!) and I also have my large wooden one (a bit of luxury for my large feet ;) ) from The Woolshack. They are so worth it. - At 7:59 AM Ann said...
-
The sock is lovely. That's my favorite book too & I have knitted 3 patterns so far - you should try the Waving Lace. Happy New Year.
- At 10:16 PM Bec said...
-
Ta so much for the recommendation Ann! I have cast on Waving Lace and loving it just as much as EL :) *hugs*

