OMG we have just been through a rough month or so....
Both myself and the gorgeous girl have been super sick with bronchitis! And to top it off Gracie had a very bad reaction to penicillin - think painful rash that appeared so so quickly, very high fever and green explosive poos :( We also thought she might have fractured her arm so spent 5 hours in PMH etc etc. Thankfully her arm was AOK but what a couple of months! But the upside is that, now we are on the road to recovery, I am on a bit of a high! :) Might also have something to do with all the caffeine I have been having recently to pep me up ;)
Anyway I have found my knitting mojo again - don't know where the little bugger was hiding but he is back ;) I have recently cast on a couple of fantastic projects from the new Winter Knitty.
First is Azure. Just fantastic to have a pattern written for all sizes nevermind it being so damn gorgeous to boot. I am halfway through the first sock and *gasp* it is running quite big. I will carry on knitting it up and see how it fits. Cross your fingers for me! If it doesn't I will frog and start on smaller needles straight away as I LOVE this pattern. I think I already mentioned that didn't I ;)
The yarn in the foreground is not an artistic statement - more a 'I haven't shaved my legs for months therefore I need to find a way of hiding them' statement ;)
The next one is Jeanie - just beautiful and the lovely Helen from Knitting Inspirations came over yesterday with her suitcase of Smooshy for me to select the colourway - talk about service. Fan-bloody-tastic! I also couldn't help myself and grabbed two other skeins for socks - the yardage is spectacular and they are some of the best dye jobs I have seen. My Jeanie is my 'meaty' project for the Christmas break.

Speaking of Christmas I have nearly finished my Branching Out which will be part of my mum's pressie :) It is knit in Handmaiden Casbah - a cashmere blend which is just incredible to work with. I have another skein of it on standby for some socks for moi. I love having a mum who appreciates knitted presents - she absolutely adored the Wavy I did for her birthday last year and wears it all the time when it is cold - ahhhh warms your heart :)
1 comments:
- At 4:36 PM Ann said...
-
Good to hear from you again & great that you are better. The scarf looks great & I love the color. Great choice of yarn & color for Jeanie. Happy knitting & Merry Christmas.



