Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

Wool and Weight

Wool

Ahhh I am loving Cassidy!





Some more progress pics - you will get sick of these but I am just loving the process so will gush away :) If I can carry on at this rate I am planning to finish it in under a month. I am loving the way this yarn is knitting up and popping the cables out while still retaining a Rustic feel, funny that ;)

Weight

Also I need to lose weight. 20kgs need to go. This is a pic from my birthday this year.


I was looking at some pics and just gasping at how big I really am. I have said it before but I will say it again, I will lose weight. I am going to do it the sensible way - wholefoods etc. For some reason I think hey I am just a tall/big girl so I can carry it but I need to wake up and realise that isn't the case especially health-wise. I am hoping having a before pic here will spur me on.

8 comments:

At 5:57 AM Shannon said...

Oh my, I love the way the Cassidy is knitting up.

I think you look gorgeous, but best of luck with the weight loss. You make such a good point about carrying the extra weight, it's great to get on top of it before it gets too much. I remember being only 20kg overweight in my early 20s and thinking 'oh yeah, I'm 6ft tall, I can carry it' - but now 10 years and another 20kg later, I'm finding I can't carry it and it's harder to lose.

And funnily enough the Cassidy is a project I have earmarked for myself for when I lose my 30-40kg :). Can't resist due to having my Kassidy ;).

 
At 7:49 AM Ann said...

I have been thinking of the same pattern for next winter. Your's is knitting up very nicely & I love the color. I need to lose weight too & have been trying to exercise more - really hard!

 
At 7:59 AM Bec said...

I think you look fab but I know that how you look and how you feel can be quite different so wishing you all the best on the weight loss front. I'm another tall girl so can carry weight well which isn't always a good thing. Do you have a plan for getting the kg's off? I'm going to start the couch to 5km program next week.

Knitting is looking great! and such fast progress too.

By the way you've been nominated ;-)

 
At 8:49 AM the little knitter who could said...

I think you look gorgeous!!!

But if it's something you really want to do good luck! A few years ago I worked my butt off and lost 15 kilos, and it was the hardest thing I've ever done, but so worth it! I loved that it was hard work, cos it made it so much more satisfying, and there's something so great about knowing you've achieved something like that! I was walking along the beach with my daughter on my back and it's such a hard slog going up the sandhills with her, and I realised, she's only 10 kilos, so I'm still not carrying as much as I was back then, no wonder I was so tired all the time!
I'm in the middle of the couch to 5kms (had a few pauses cos of sickness along the way) & it's a great program, I'd recommend it to anynoe who wants to start running from nothing!

 
At 4:26 PM Rachael said...

Gosh Bec you look great to me!

Now *I* need to lose weight...yes I've just had a baby, but I'd rather not look 5 months pregnant still yk, and I don't remember being that way with the last two.

My issue is lack of exercise and a serious sugar addiction! I think the thing is I took being slim for granted for the first 25 years (didn't have to do anything to stay a reasonable size), and the last 10 I've just crept up and up and up so now the challenge is much larger...not to mention I just don't want to stop eating what I want when I want!!

Good luck! Keep us up to date with your progress.

 
At 9:18 AM Bec said...

Ahhh you guys are gorgeous :) *hugs*

I did start on the couch to 5km thing before all this illness hit (Gracie still has the gastro at the mo :( ) and it was doable so will get onto that - can't wait to pick up the stopwatch again! And I will be eating ultra health - wholefoods, fruit and veg, only organic meat (which will help to reduce how often we have meat with the sheer price!). I will write up another post when I have my 'health points' sorted :)

Oohh ta Bec - off to post :)

 
At 9:08 PM Anonymous said...

Chiming in late but I also think you look fabulous. I wish you all the best with getting to a place where you feel as good.

I could certainly do with a few tips, sugar is definitely my downfall.

 
At 4:10 AM TracyKM said...

I don't know you, just followed a link here, but I think you look great. I don't think you need to lose 20lb, let alone 20kg! 44lbs is alot and I really don't see where you'd lose it from! But good luck, I know how hard it is to loose even just 2kg!

 

Post a Comment