Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

Growing up......

My little warm friend has fallen asleep in her own bed for the first time since I seperated from her dad (ie more than a year now).

My little candle
You kept me warm and snug, heart and being
A warmth that I will cherish in my core, in my memories
Burning bright with each others love
I was afraid to let you go, to face the wind of the world
Now you are happy to lay down your beautiful head and dream elsewhere
You are growing, my little candle
I no longer need you close to know
Just how beautiful and brightly you can burn without me by your side
And that our love won't dim but will get stronger and brighter
You can now face the breeze of your dreams on your own
My little candle

2 comments:

At 8:34 PM Anonymous said...

Oh Bec, that is just beautiful. Can I also say that I so know what you mean :)

My two candles are in their own beds now too but the littlest still comes in to warm me in the wee hours

 
At 5:44 AM Kat said...

thats absolutely beautiful Bec, Felix just 3 years and 1 month when he went to his own bed too, it's a bittersweet acheivement, one part proud, one part sad and one part loving the ability to stretch out! Occasionally he does share my bed and I lay there staring at his sweet perfection..co sleeping was a wonderful time..

 

Post a Comment