Well it has been awhile hasn't it! :P
You know my lengthy post about my little organic garden? Well........a gorgeous young growing vegetable patch + a naughty 14 year old bully x heeler with a penchant for rolling on plants = no more vegetable patch :(
It was going great for a while until one day when said dog decided that she wasn't keen on having her 'patch' as a vegetable patch and knocked down stakes I had put around the vegetables to protect them and crushed them flat. And to really rub salt in the wound she decided to sh*t right on top of my gorgeous organic eggplant which had two little bubba eggplants on it. Lesson: don't attempt a vegetable patch when you have a cranky old dog. I have planted some herbs, tomatoes and lettuce in containers which are high up away from her and they are going great......
Onto brighter things :)
I have finished this knit for my gorgeous girl:
Ahhh New Years has passed us by but I have a couple of resolutions (who would've guessed ;) ):
- Pay off my credit card by my birthday (16 May)
- Lose 15kgs by my birthday
- Ride at least twice a week
- Do floating floorboards in Gracie and Del's rooms
Over and out for now :)
2 comments:
- At 3:55 AM Fi said...
-
Nice to see you blogging! Bummer about the garden, but I love that your cat has his own room, and you are planning to put boards down ;)
As for turning 30, well dont get yourself too wound up about it. There is nothing that *has* to be done by a certain age, so make sure you dont give yourself an ulcer worrying :) Love your goals though. - At 7:54 AM Sue said...
-
The shrug is gorgeous. Pity about the vegie patch, naughty dog. I would be so heartbroken if that happened. Our vegie patch is in a fenced off area so the dogs cant get into it.



