Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

Steiner and socks.....

Well, Grace finished playgroup at our local Steiner school last year (08!) and Penny, her amazing playgroup teacher, gave every child a beautiful art-print (Penny's partner is the artist). On the back Penny wrote:

Lovely Gracie (loveheart)
Thank you dear Gracie, for being in my life.
It is really lovely that you came and joined our playgroup.
Thank you for your beautiful smile, your singing and your Mum's muffins!
With love to you for Christmas, Penny.

As you can imagine all the parents burst out crying....it was also Penny's last year at the Playgroup so it definitely tugged at the heart strings. That being said she is renowned for her large get-togethers so looking forward to getting the call for one of these :) She is amazing and she will be missed. She is leaving to focus on being a marriage celebrant - so if you are after a ceremony with a difference let me know and I can give her your contact details :) One of her last ceremonies she laid a figure eight on the ground of masses of white roses - the bride in one of the circles and the groom in the other - during the ceremony, when the time came to 'kiss' they walked and joined each other in the middle......beautiful.

Even though we were at the Playgroup of only 4 months it became a exciting part of our week so the G monster and I can't wait to start Kindergarten there in just over a month :)

You can see the beautiful art-work from Penny and the socks that I am knitting her as a thank you :)





I am also knitting up Fargyles - which the talented Jacki did for Knitty - woohoo :) I am knitting them using the gorgeous Woolganics in Natural from The Yarn Cafe.


We are actually doing a KAL over at Woolaholics so join us if you fancy - great interesting pattern and will make a perfect pair of long socks under my motorbike boots!

3 comments:

At 3:42 AM Fi said...

Is that the dyelicious sock club installment? I like...... :)

We miss our Steiner playgroup too, we were there for a year, and Jenna's teacher gave her a felted butterfly when we left. So sweet :)

 
At 7:14 AM Jack said...

You are too kind Bec. They loook great in the neutral. I love the way that the different stitches play the light.

 
At 6:39 PM Anonymous said...

I didn't care too much for the Fargyles as seen in knitty, but seeing yours in white makes me think that I might have to add them to the queue.

 

Post a Comment