Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About




Pattern: Simple Yet Effective Shawl by Laura Chau



Yarn: Noro Silk Garden from Tangled Yarns


Needles: 3.5mm - 80cm circ
Cast on: 9 November 2009 Cast off: 17 November 2009

My SYE Ravelry Link

Mods: I knit the last garter section and thought it needed more. Soooooo I decided to do a garter scalloped edging (as below from The Knitters Bible) on the final row instead of the garter section :)

Multiple of 13 sts
Row 1 (RS): *K1, yo, K4, sk2po, K4, yo, K1; rep from * to end.
Row 2: *P2, K9, P2; rep from * to end.
Row 3: *K2, yo, K3, sk2po, K3, yo, K2;
rep from * to end.
Row 4: *P3, K7, P3
; rep from * to end.
Row 5: *K3, yo,K2, sk2po, K2, yo, K3
; rep from * to end.
Row 6: *P4, K5, P4
; rep from * to end.
Row 7: * K4, yo, K1, sk2po, K1, yo, K4
; rep from * to end.
Row 8: *P5, K3, P5
; rep from * to end.
Row 9: *K5, yo, sk2po, yo, K5
; rep from * to end.
Row 10: I do a purl cast off

Talk: Yet again I loved knitting with Noro - it is a pleasure watching the flow of the colours reveal themselves! This was part of the November KAL for Tangled Yarns. A sensational idea and you really feel part of 'something' :) I think this is going to be a monthly treat for myself :)

And proof that real women wear Noro.....


Over and out for now.....

4 comments:

At 12:34 PM Anonymous said...

Looks great! We've missed you, how have you been?

 
At 2:50 PM The Yarn Cafe said...

Looking good Bec!

 
At 8:13 AM Ann said...

Good to hear from you! The shawl looks great on you & the colors are gorgeous.

 
At 3:38 PM Faeryfay said...

I adore Noro, and of course Tangled Yarns!:-)

 

Post a Comment