Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

FO: Thuja

From this:


To this:

Pattern: Thuja by Bobby Ziegler
Pattern Source: Knitty

Yarn: FourBagsFull Merino 8ply
Colourway: Hand-dyed by me

Needles: US 6 / 4mm

Cast on: Mon 21/01/08 Cast off: Wed 23/01/08


My Thuja Ravelry Project Link

Mods: I picked up 13 sts either side of the heel flap (rather than 11 as per pattern) to get rid of those holes ;) On the next row I K2tog and SSK at either end of the heel flap to reduce by 4sts in total. Worked out very well :)

Talk: Super quick and super gratifying. I knit this with the gorgeous Lis and Donna. It was so much fun figuring out the yarn, casting on and knitting together! :)

3 comments:

At 4:05 PM Tracy said...

They look so nice in that wool. i think I'll have to knit another pair now :)

 
At 4:25 PM Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous Bec!

 
At 9:39 AM Ann said...

The socks are lovely as you have done a freat job. I have always wanted to knit the Thuja but don't have 8ply sock yarn - maybe I should use 2 strands of 4ply. Thanks for the inspiration.

 

Post a Comment