Site Network: Home | Talk | Shop | About

How I kitchener! :)

I have had about three people ask me in the past week how I kitchener stitch. Well voila! Here is how I do it. And with this way you can kitchener any stitch combo e.g. K1P1 rib, K2P2 rib etc etc :)
.....................................................................................

OK you have your stitches on the two needles (front - closest to you - and back - furthest from you), as you usually do when kitchener stitching.
I use the Same Off, Opposite On mantra. See * before starting but after reading this bit ;) You do two stitches on the same needle in one round. So if the stitch that is facing me directly on the front needle is a knit I will do the Same (knit) through it and take it off the needle, then the next stitch that is on the front needle is a knit so we do the Opposite (purl) and keep it on the needle.
Then we head to the back needle. Again the stitch that is facing me directly on the back needle is a purl I will do the Same (purl) through it and take it off the needle, then the next stitch that is on the back needle is a purl so we do the Opposite (knit) and keep it on the needle. This can work for any combination of stitches at all - just need to do Same Off, Opposite On.
* The only other thing to do is when you are starting off is to do the first stitch on the front needle as Opposite On and also do the same straight away with the back needle - this seems to hold the end together.
.....................................................................................

I hope this helps - let me know if it does! Once you get the hang of it seriously it is easy peasy :)

Happy knitting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment